viflow reports at startup that the installed Visio version cannot be found because it is not properly installed or activated.
This message can have various causes.
- If Microsoft Visio is installed, you must first check whether your Visio version is a 32-bit version. This information can be found in Visio under "Account" behind the button "About Visio". viflow 6 can only be used with the 32-bit version. Please also note our system requirements.
- If these requirements are met, it is usually only a temporary problem that you can solve by restarting the system on which viflow is installed.
- If a restart does not help, Visio may have to be re-registered in the system. This is mainly necessary when using Office365.
- Start a command prompt as administrator (Start > Search > cmd.exe > Right click > Run as administrator).
- Navigate to the Visio program directory (cd %PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Microsoft Office\root\Office16 or Office 15).
- Execute the command visio /regserver.
- When Visio has been started completely, you can exit it again.
Now viflow 6 should start without error message.